Use the Print Screen Key
Pressing the ALT+PRINT SCREEN takes a snapshot image of whatever is currently appearing on your screen and saves it to the Windows Clipboard. This process occurs behind the scenes, so it appears as if nothing is happening.
How Do I Use What I Captured?
To use the captured Print Screen image:
- Go to your destination location (such as a Word document or email message).
- Right-click and select Paste.
- The captured image will pop into the selected destination.
Why Whould I Use It?
You may want to use the print screen key to screen capture:
- various steps for how to do something on a computer.
- an error message you are getting.
Remember that old saying that "a picture is worth a thousand words"? Don't just tell someone about what's on your computer; show them! Let them see what you are seeing.