Create Folders on the Fly in Microsoft Office
Here's the scenario: You created a Microsoft Office document and want to save it in a new folder. Many folks will create the folder using Windows Explorer and then go back to Word to save it to that space.
Did you know that you can do both within Microsoft Office?
- After creating your file, click the Microsoft Office button, and then click Save As...
- The Save As dialog box appears (shown below).
- In the Save In drop-down, select the desired drive in which you want to create a new folder.
- Click the Create New Folder icon.
- In the New Folder dialog box, type a name for the new folder, click OK.
- Back in the Save As dialog box, enter the File Name, then click Save.
Your document has now been saved to the newly created folder!