Combining Images and Shapes
Combine several images or shapes; make a collage! For example, it may be hard to find an ClipArt "out-of-the-box" for a presentation called “Email Safety: Avoiding Emotional Injury in the Workplace”, but you create layer ClipArt into something new.
- Search Microsoft Online for the photos pictured on the right and place checkmarks next to them.
- Add these images to your ClipArt gallery.
- Insert the hard hat first.
- Select the Picture and the Picture Tools Format tab will appear on the Ribbon.
- Click on the Format tab.
- Under Picture Styles, choose Rotated, White. The image will be rotated with a thick white border. (If the border seems too thick, undo, make the image larger, and try again.)
- Now insert the @ symbol.
- Select the Picture and choose Format→Picture Styles→Soft Edge Oval Picture Style. The image will be cropped around the @ symbol.
- Drag the symbol on top of the hard hat (resizing and rotating if necessary) and Group the two together. You will have a new email safety graphic.
Look at recent conference schedule or a list of professional development offerings and select a presentation title. What are some examples of images could you combine to represent that session?