Clear Web Passwords
Your IE or Firefox web browser may contain saved passwords for certain sites that you visit.
It's often helpful to store this information on your computer because it can improve web browsing speed or automatically provide information so you don't have to type it over and over. However, you may want to delete that information if you're cleaning up your computer or are using a public computer and don't want any of your personal information left behind.
If you want to clear saved passwords, or want to change them to new ones, it's easy to clear existing passwords from your web browser. Here's how:
Internet Explorer 7
- Go to Tools→Internet Options→General.
- Then, under Browsing History, click the Delete button. Then Delete Browsing History window opens.
- Select the Delete Passwords button.
- Go to Tools→Options→Privacy.
- Then, under Private Data, choose Settings. Then Clear Private Data window opens.
- Select the Saved Passwords choice and click OK.