Changing Your Email Address on Listservs
If the recipient on your message ends in "
lists.psu.edu", the listserv is a PSU listserv. Follow the instructions below to change your address:
- Go to http://lists.psu.edu
- Click the Log In link in the upper-right. The Log In page will appear.
- For Email Address, use your old address. For Password, use whatever you set up when you first logged into this Website and then click Log In. (Note: If you have never used this site before or have since forgotten your password, you may need to click get a new LISTSERV password before moving on.)
- Click on Subscriber's Corner link in the upper-left. You will be taken to the Subscriber's Corner page.
- Change the Show All Lists drop-down menu to Show Subscribed Lists Only and click Search. You will see a list of all of the listservs for which you are subscribed.
- For each listserv:
- Click on the Settings link.
- Change Email Address to your new address, as in
- Click Update Options.
- Navigate browser back to subscribed lists.
The process for changing your email address varies from listserv to listserv, so you must view the headers of the listserv to find out how your are subscribed to change your subscription.
- Display the full headers of your message.
For Eudora users, click on a message. Click on the button with the "BLAH BLAH BLAH" text as its icon.
- For Thunderbird users, go to View?Headers?All. Select a message. (To turn off full headers, View?Headers?Normal.)
- Look for the following:
- X-List-Unsubscribe or List-Unsubscribe: give you the address and/or URL where you can unsubscribe your old address (Note: You will still need to subscribe your new address.)
- X-List-Subscribe or List-Subscribe: gives you the address and/or URL where you can subscribe your new email address
- X-List Help or List Help: gives you the address and/or URL where you can ask for subscribe/unsubscribe help, if all else fails