Changing Capitalization in Word and PowerPoint
In Word 2007 and PowerPoint 2007, you can easily change the case of words, sentences, or paragraphs. Here's how:
- Highlight the text that you want to change.
- On the Home tab, in the Font group, click Change Case, indicated by Aa (shown in the attached image).
- From the menu of choices, you can pick the capitalization option that you want:
- Sentence case capitalizes the first letter of a sentence, and leaves all other letters lowercase.
- lowercase excludes capital letters from your text.
- UPPERCASE changes all the letters to uppercase.
- Capitalize Each Word capitalizes the first letter of each word, leaving other letters lowecase.
- tOGGLE cASE shifts to the opposite case for each letter highlighted.
Thanks to Jane Ingold, Penn State Erie, for suggesting this tip!