Change Word's Default Font
You may have noticed that among the other changes to Word 2007, your default font is Calibri instead of Times New Roman.
If you would like your Word documents to use Times New Roman instead of by default again, you will need to change Word's Normal document template, called
Normal.dotm. This file determines what settings appear when you create a new document.
To change your Normal document template (
Normal.dotm), do the following:
- In the upper left corner, click the Office Button, then click Open.
- In the Open dialog box that appears, choose Trusted Templates on the left, and then double-click
Normal.dotmto open that file.
- Make sure the word "Normal" appears in the Word title bar at the top.
- On the Ribbon, click the Home tab.
- Look for the Styles area and click Change Styles→Fonts→Office Classic.
- Then, click Save.
That's it! From now on, your font will default to Times New Roman.