Short link for this page: http://bit.ly/1JTGTeX
Background and Goals
- What do you expect this project to accomplish for you?
- How do you accomplish these goals today?
- What other projects are helping you achieve these goals?
- Are any other—current or future—projects dependent on this project?
- What are your criteria for success for this product?
- Does this project have the support of your management?
- Have you attempted this, or a similar, project in the past?
- What organizations within your company will be affected by this?
- What business areas must the system interface with?
- Are there interface requirements to other parts of the business?
Schedule and Cost
- What are your thoughts about schedule and cost?
- Is schedule or cost most important for you (or are they equal)?
- Are there penalties for being late, rewards for being early?
- Do you have a clear image of what the end product should look like?
- What should the system do?
- Have you seen a product like this that you liked?
- How will you evaluate the end product?
- What are your competitors doing for these types of functions?
Regulations and Policies
- Are there any government regulations to be aware of?
- What University policies should we be mindful of?
- Is there a Union impact?
- Are there any security issues?
- Are there technical standards that we have to meet?
- Are there any training needs?
- Are there industry standards concerning this product?
- Do you have specific performance requirements?
- Are there any potential liability issues?
- Who else should we talk to?
- Who is the most knowledgeable person on this topic?
- Who is the primary user?
- Who else will use the system?
Based on a set of questions from "Determining Project Requirements, Second Edition: Mastering the BABOK® and the CBAP® Exam," by Hans Jonasson, Figure 4.1.