The Office of Physical Plant (OPP) department of Facilities Resources and Planning has worked to extensively with the researchers to incorporate changes to laboratory space to suit the needs of the incoming research groups.
In general the
- Upgrade of the building ventilation system including both fume hoods and exhaust, as well as complete replacement of the HVAC system
- Central utility chase upgrades
- Roof repair and insulation
Some general work will be done in each of the labs including the following, some labs will have specific changes made which are detailed in the renovation program document linked below.
- Electrostatic painting of research lab cabinets
- Mitigation and replacement of research lab countertops
- Replace research lab sinks/trim
- Replacement or addition of electrical distribution panel from bus duct in every lab with 200 Amp, 208/240, 3 phase power
- Door key recoring
- Room signage
- Work required by building code
- General clean-up
Detailed, room-by-room information regarding renovation activities are included in the MRL Building Renovation Program Statement 9-12-2012.pdf