This page is to document the use of Polycom CMA Desktop, specifically at PSU. The information on this page could be altered for use of Polycom CMA Desktop anywhere.
- If not on a PSU network, connect to the CiscoVPN (ISP to PSU)
- Open the start menu and search for "polycom", and click on "Polycom CMA Desktop"
- You may get a prompt to update "Adobe Air", just click cancel. Updating Adobe Air requires Admin rights and is not usually required for Polycom CMA Desktop to work properly.
- Once Polycom CMA Desktop is open, log in with your account. If you do not have an account, you will not be able to use Polycom CMA Desktop.
- Once logged in, enter the TNS Video Bridge IP Address, which should be "188.8.131.52", then click the green call button.
- You should see a splash screen for the Video Bridge and hear a voice telling you to enter your conference ID. Click the Green tone pad button in the top right of the interface.
- Then enter the conference ID you are trying to connect to. This should have been provided along with a link to these instructions. You should be entering something similar to "1234#" to connect.
- Please check to make sure your audio is working properly. Then it is best to mute your microphone using the red button next to the volume slider until you need to speak. If you have any audio / video issues, read this: Configure Audio & Video settings
H.323 Firewall Ports
Need to figure out which ports need to be open for H.323 to work properly, here is a list that probably includes more than needed:
TCP: 443, 389, 1720, 1731, 1734-1767, 2500, 3230-3237, 5222, 5901
UDP: 1718, 1719, 1734-1767, 3230-3237
Configure Windows 7 firewall through command line
The following lines of code will configure the Windows Vista/7 firewall for use with Polycom CMA Desktop for incoming calls from PSU IP addresses. Some additional ports and addresses may be needed.
Installation & Setup through Tivoli Endpoint Manager
If you have access to Tivoli Endpoint Manager (TEM) at PSU, then you can install & configure Polycom CMA Desktop using this: https://wss.psu.edu/SysMan/Content%20Development/Fixlet%20-%20Install/Polycom%20CMA%20Desktop.aspx
Configure Polycom CMA Desktop Audio & Video
If you have any audio / video issues, read this: Configure Audio & Video settings