This is the home page for the ITS Services Planning space.
ITIL Definition of Service Portfolio - "The complete set of Services that are managed by a Service Provider. The Service Portfolio is used to manage the entire Lifecycle of all Services, and includes three Categories: Service Pipeline (proposed or in Development); Service Catalogue (Live or available for Deployment); and Retired Services."
ITIL Definition of Service Catalog - "A database or structured Document with information about all Live IT Services, including those available for Deployment. The Service Catalogue is the only part of the ITIL Service Portfolio published to Customers, and is used to support the sale and delivery of IT Services. The Service Catalogue includes information about deliverables, prices, contact points, ordering and request Processes."
Internal Services Database:
- Unit Mapping/Matrix This shows FY08/09 draft of services for Cost of Services project, which does not include all services and sub-services. The final Service Portfolio will contain the services and subservices as defined by the Services Planning Group. The cost of services data will be linked with the Service Portfolio.
- Provost Reporting Cost Categories These are the cost categories as defined by the ITS Budget Advisory Group for Cost of Services project. These categories are used in the Unit Mapping/Matrix.
- IT Functions These are the IT Functions established by Kevin Morooney.
- Data Provisioning Wiki which contains Cost of Services information, including a glossary.
- IT Service Portfolio Management Service portfolio management, part of version 3 of the IT Infrastructure Library, helps achieive ITIL's mission of managing the entire service lifecycle, from request to retirement. As outlined in ITIL v3, the SPM approach allows IT to focus on being a service provider to the business, offering and managing a comprehensive set of IT services.
- ITILv3 at a Glance: Online Book large version. ITIL® Version 3 at a Glance: Information Quick Reference.