10:30-10:45: Announcements + Introductions
10:45-11:45: Lightning Talks + Q&A
Each lightning talk is 5 minutes in length.
Each lightning talk will be followed by 5 minutes for questions and discussion.
If there is extra time, we will take volunteers to give lightning talks.
What is a Lightning Talk?
A Lightning Talk is a very short presentation, usually no more than 5 (sometimes 10) minutes.
It is informal. You may or may not have slides; it's up to you.
It may or may not be rehearsed. Some interesting ones are off the cuff. However, if you prepare and rehearse with a timer, it's a good bet that your talk will have more impact.
It is timed. You will get the bell if you go over 5 minutes, and you must end your talk then so the next person can take the stage.
It can be creative. Some of the best Lightning Talks tell a story, use pictures, convey passion for the subject.
Presenters, Topics, and Materials
|Presenter||Presenter's E-mail||Presentation Title||Presentation Description|
Links to Slides and Other Materials
|1.||Ashley Stauffer||Communications Strategy|
|2.||Madelyn Wagner and Heather Dawson|
|The relationship between PMOs and Portfolio Management|
|2 PMO and Portfolio.pdf|
|4. ||Galen Lentzfirstname.lastname@example.org||No Watermelons!|
|5.||Matt Soccioemail@example.com||Thinking about the wallpaper|
|6.||Lisa Komidarfirstname.lastname@example.org||My road to CAPM||6 My Road to CAPM.pdf|
|7.||Mike Brooksemail@example.com||Resource Management|
Lightning Talks and How to Give Them
- The End of Boring Presentations (Forbes)
- Giving a Good Lightning Talk
- So You Want to Give a Lightning Talk?
- Lightning Talk (Wikipedia)
Lightning Talks About Project and Team Management
- Nerd Herding on the Frontier: Establishing an IT Project Management Culture
- Getting Your Arms Around Unscopable Projects
- Video - How to Get the Most From Your Project Manager: Create a Mutually Beneficial Partnership with Your PM (10 minutes)
- Portfolio Management: The Theory, the Tools, the 'Lingo'
- Video - Social Media For Project Management: Part of the National Digital Newspaper Program Lightning Round Talks 2012
- Debugging the Organisation With Scrum: "Organisations, like software, have defects"
- Lean/KanBan Project Management Lightning Talks
- Team Management
- Build a Tower; Build a Team
+ / Δ