10:00-10:15: Announcements + Introductions
10:15-11:15: Lightning Talks + Q&A
Each lightning talk is 5 minutes in length.
Each lightning talk will be followed by 5 minutes for questions and discussion.
If there is extra time, we will take volunteers to give lightning talks.
What is a Lightning Talk?
A Lightning Talk is a very short presentation, usually no more than 5 (sometimes 10) minutes.
It is informal. You may or may not have slides; it's up to you.
It may or may not be rehearsed. Some interesting ones are off the cuff. However, if you prepare and rehearse with a timer, it's a good bet that your talk will have more impact.
It is timed. You will get the bell if you go over 5 minutes, and you must end your talk then so the next person can take the stage.
It can be creative. Some of the best Lightning Talks tell a story, use pictures, convey passion for the subject.
Presenters, Topics, and Materials
|Presenter||Presenter's E-mail||Presentation Title||Presentation Description|
Links to Slides and Other Materials
|1.||Galen Lentz and Kelli Prescott||F&B IT Transformation||PMWG FB Lightning Talk (002).pptx|
|2.||Michelle Carr and Michelle Isham||Scrum of Scrums in the F&B IT Transformation||Scrum of Scrums.pptx|
|3.||Ken and Brendan||PMOs and Penn State|
|4. ||Matt Soccioemail@example.com||Organizational Change Management||The ADKAR model for change management|
|5.||Suzanne Waynefirstname.lastname@example.org||Need PDU's? Project Management Professional Development Options||A quick list of places I have been able to get PDUs to maintain my PMP.|
Mentioned in Q and A: Skillsoft PM catalog
|6.||Nigel McFarlaneemail@example.com||Facilitation: The opening statement||Informing, exciting, empowering and involving||http://www.leadstrat.com/|
|7.||Suzanne Waynefirstname.lastname@example.org||Remote Attendance for PMWG Meetings||Discussion with the broader group as to how we might accomplish this.||remote-S-Wayne.pptx|
Lightning Talks and How to Give Them
- The End of Boring Presentations (Forbes)
- Giving a Good Lightning Talk
- So You Want to Give a Lightning Talk?
- Lightning Talk (Wikipedia)
Lightning Talks About Project and Team Management
- Nerd Herding on the Frontier: Establishing an IT Project Management Culture
- Getting Your Arms Around Unscopable Projects
- Video - How to Get the Most From Your Project Manager: Create a Mutually Beneficial Partnership with Your PM (10 minutes)
- Portfolio Management: The Theory, the Tools, the 'Lingo'
- Video - Social Media For Project Management: Part of the National Digital Newspaper Program Lightning Round Talks 2012
- Debugging the Organisation With Scrum: "Organisations, like software, have defects"
- Lean/KanBan Project Management Lightning Talks
- Team Management
- Build a Tower; Build a Team
+ / Δ